Monday, March 14, 2011

Enjoying the Small Things


Kelley Hampton started Enjoying the Small Things in 2007, shortly after her first daughter, Lainey, was born, as a way to combine writing and photography hobbies. It has evolved into much more, providing not only an outlet for creativity "but a home for the gratitude I feel for all of my inspirations, and most importantly, the moments we share as a family," she writes.

"Van Gogh used paints to portray what inspired him...," she says. "Me? I like photos and words. I invest in this blog not only because I love the art of weaving words and images together to tell a story, but because, in doing so, I find myself looking more deeply for the beauty in life and consequently finding it in more places.

This January, she and her husband welcomed their second girl, Nella Cordelia, and were stunned to learn, upon her delivery, that she had Down syndrome.

"My world was rocked to the core, and I was sure life as I knew it was over," Kelley confesses.



Here's Kelley's view of the small things.



No comments:

Post a Comment