Wednesday, July 25, 2012

‘Keep up the great work!’

I wanted to take a moment to comment on my experience thus far with Apostrophe Magazine. I have a 4-year-old son with Down syndrome. As many parents of children with disabilities can attest, it can be somewhat overwhelming contemplating the future of our children, especially in mainstream society. 

NASH MURRAY
Since subscribing to Apostrophe and reading through the many articles about individuals with disabilities truly making an impact in the workplace and adding so much to society, it has brought much comfort knowing that my son will have many opportunities to do the same.

Thank you for your work and for giving a voice to many of those who otherwise would go unheard. Each one of us has unique talents and abilities that others can learn from. I have quickly realized that I stand to learn much more from being around my son and others with disabilities than I have to offer them. I have learned the value of being humble and willing to work through even the most difficult circumstances. 

I have also learned what it means to have unconditional love. Each time I read through another edition of your magazine, I see similar attributes in so many of those who you feature. Keep up the great work!

Brady Murray
Founder RODS Racing (http://rodsracing.org/)
Boise, Idaho 

No comments:

Post a Comment